Iowa

Gaited Horses Message Board: Find A Trail Riding Buddy : USA: Central: Iowa
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Ann Adkins on Wednesday, May 23, 2001 - 11:00 pm:

I belong to a gaited horse club in Iowa--The Iowa Rockin Foxtrotters--we always welcome anyone to ride with us--all breeds. We rode recently at Poosey State Forest in Missouri. Next is a day ride at Indianola, Iowa, then Yellow River in NE Iowa. Come join us!! Ann

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Raven on Sunday, May 27, 2001 - 11:48 pm:

Hey Ann,

This is Raven, when are you guys going to Yellow River? Please tell me more about this campground and the trails. Thanks! Raven in WI

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By AnnieO on Monday, June 11, 2001 - 09:01 pm:

Sorry I was so slow responding to Raven's email. The Yellow River ride was June 1,2,3. Our clubs next ride is Garst Family Farms, June 29,30, 31, near Coon Rapids, Iowa. Come join us! Ann--641-522-9467, call me for more information.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By skylark on Wednesday, July 04, 2001 - 01:34 am:

HI, I'm looking for other women who like to trail ride and might be willing to trailer together. I'm in my early 50's, have a 15 year old son, 11 year old daughter (who also likes to ride) and a
farmer husband who occasionally rides. My biggest problem is getting to the rides. We have a stock trailer and pickup. However, it seems that whenever there is a ride I want to go on, especially in the spring and fall,the pickup is needed for farming--to carry the gas tank for the farm equipment, etc. In July, when there is less need for the pickup, most of the local clubs don't have rides because "it's too hot". So, if you live in eastern Iowa or Western Illinois, I'm
just 30 miles west of the Quad Cities, near Muscatine. I'd be happy to pay my share of the travel expenses for a chance to go on some nice day or weekend rides. I love nature, spending hours in the saddle, and talking with other horse people. I have my own tent and camping equipment. Hope to hear from somebody!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Samanna Barna on Friday, October 10, 2003 - 04:10 pm:

I live in SouthWestern Iowa within an hour of Omaha, NE and am interested in learning more about what trails are within a reasonable trailer ride. Any information would be appreciated, thanks, Samanna in Elliott, Iowa.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By cathyinmn on Sunday, January 11, 2004 - 06:53 pm:

I am fairly new to the horse world and currently own 3 Walkers and would LOVE to find someone in my neck of the woods to ride with and help teach this old gal a thing or 2 on gaits and such. I am located in the way SE corner of MN and the NE corner of IA and have been told there are some beautiful trails all around me

Thanks
Cathy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Mendy Thomack on Tuesday, December 07, 2004 - 01:56 am:

Hi, I'm Mendy and live in southeastern Iowa. I ride and train Paso's and am looking for someone to ride the trails with. I love to train young horses on the trails. Can help with transportation and sometimes supply a good horse.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By tnwalkermom on Tuesday, July 05, 2005 - 08:53 pm:

I am looking to ride either with other Tennessee Walkers or at least other gaited breeds as I'm thinking that may help with my horse's gaiting
:-). I'm located in central Iowa but could drive easily 2 - 3 hours in any direction of Ames for a wkend ride if camping overnight. Would also like to find someone locally to ride with that has gaited horses. Let me know if you're interested!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Mary Lou Smith on Monday, December 12, 2005 - 08:12 pm:

I live in southwestern Iowa and would love to ride with gaited horses ,I own the only gaited morgan ,here In Iowa since nobidy seems toknow what they are .Tiara and I would love to ride with any gaited horse that could keep up with her

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. A valid username and password combination is required to post messages to this discussion.
Username:  
Password: