Illinois

Gaited Horses Message Board: Find A Trail Riding Buddy : USA: Central: Illinois
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By julie.debuslevy@abbott.com on Tuesday, May 22, 2001 - 01:59 pm:

Hi! I'm a member of a Trail Riding Club for Gaited Horses. The Gaited Cavalry. We ride in SE Wisconsin and NE Illinois. Once a month we camp, and we hold a day ride about every other week from April to December. If you want to join a fun group of folks, contact me!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By D Stoppkotte on Tuesday, May 29, 2001 - 11:35 am:

Hello! I am a member of the Moraine View Riders, a mixed group of gaited and non-gaited riders. We meet the second Sunday of each month, April thru Nov. to ride at Moraine View State Park, also do some camping and parades. Moraine View State Park is located near LeRoy, SE of Bloomington. Come join us. Give me a holler for more information. Check out our website - www.moraineviewriders.org

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Janet Hunter on Wednesday, May 30, 2001 - 05:42 pm:

Hi! I belong to the Union County Saddle Club in southern IL. We ride every weekend (weather permitting) in the Shawnee National Forest or IL State Forests. Our members are all ages & experience & have gaited, as well as, non-gaited horses. On some of our more popular rides we split into two groups for the convenience (& comfort) of our members with children & non-gaited horses, ponies or mules. We have at least two campout trips each year. In 2002 we are planning a trip to the CO rockies. Come ride along! cobdenhu@midwest.net

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Rafael Echeverri on Sunday, March 24, 2002 - 02:23 pm:

Hi evryone:

My name is Rafael Echeverri. I am Colombian and i would be glad to know anybody who has a Paso Fino horse in this Chicago area.

Please write me back.

Thanks.

Rafael

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Jake Easton on Sunday, December 01, 2002 - 06:14 am:

hello, My name is jake.I live in southern Ill.close to Duqoin Ill. I just bought my first horse. I'm 45 years old married three grown children,A collie dog and my buitifull black and white tennasee walking horse.He is A gelding,3year old reg.Walking,& racking. I have been on the internet less than A week. My typing & spelling is terrible. I don't know nothing about riding,and less about horses. All I do know is I love my wife & children almost as much as I do my horse!ha! I guess I have rode A horse about 1 hour in my live. My horse is very spooky. He does let me pick up his front feet,his back feet, well he wants to kick sometimes. I'm somewhat scared.I need A freind. I need some advise.I know no one around me that has a gaited horse.I am determend to learn how to become one with my horse.I just don't want to get killed in the prosses.Any help or advise you could give I would really apreciate.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Kristie on Thursday, January 02, 2003 - 05:23 am:

Hi my name is Kristie.... I own a 11 yo TWH mare. I am looking for a trail riding buddy. I live in the far western burbs of Chicago.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Joyce on Tuesday, April 20, 2004 - 01:06 am:

Hi-I'm Joyce and I love Paso Finos. I don't have a horse yet. I am trying to get some education before I make a purchase.

Would love to hear from other riders in my area. Northern suburbs of Chicago or southeast Wisconsin. Input on where to board at a resonable cost, where to ride, who to ride with, tack...the list goes on.

Currently I am riding Paso Finos (exercising the owners horses) at a stable in Antioch. Interested in pleasure riding and thinking about buying a modified western saddle.

All replies are welcome!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By maryc on Tuesday, July 27, 2004 - 12:57 am:

Hey I am Mary and I am looking for someone south of chicago to ride with. I am new to gaited horses I have a missouri fox trotter. We are both learning alot. If any one wants to ride with a greenhorn let me know,

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Jerry Bernaciak on Monday, March 07, 2005 - 07:38 pm:

Hello my name is Jerry I have foxtrotter and always looking for people to ride with I am retired and can ride most any time my horse is stabled in the Palos Hills next to the Cook county forest system but I can travel most any time I do go on a lot of organized trail rides all over and don't worry about being new to riding we all started the same way and most likey made the same mistakes. Jerry B

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By jarvisowens@aol.com on Tuesday, March 08, 2005 - 03:04 pm:

hi i need a riding partener to take me to trail rides all over i dont have my drv lic any more i had a med problem that took them away i iwn mo fox trotter i can go any where any time i just whant to have fun i have been in this house for a yr no showes or trail rides i am redy to go go go so if you can help let me know jarvisowens@aol.com

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By jarvis on Sunday, March 13, 2005 - 05:20 pm:

hi i need a riding partener to take me to trail rides all over i dont have my drv lic any more i had a med problem that took them away i iwn mo fox trotter i can go any where any time i just whant to have fun i have been in this house for a yr no showes or trail rides i am redy to go go go so if you can help let me know jarvisowens@aol.com I AM FROM SENECA ILL IF THAT HELPS ANY IT IS CETRAL ILL

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By jack bukovac on Tuesday, July 05, 2005 - 03:34 pm:

hi im 56 years old retired have wife and 5 grown children with 3 grandkids and 2 on the way. i really like riding and have a twh and a quarter horse. anxious to go to mountains to ride. this is my wifes e-mail address.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. A valid username and password combination is required to post messages to this discussion.
Username:  
Password: