North Carolina

Gaited Horses Message Board: Find A Trail Riding Buddy : USA: Southern: North Carolina
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By deirdre jones on Tuesday, May 22, 2001 - 01:46 am:

Hi, I live in Western N.C. and have tons of trails and camping around here...if anyone's in the area, I'd love to show you around.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Marcia on Thursday, May 24, 2001 - 11:31 am:

I have 6 saddle trained PLEASURE Paso Finos and would love to find someone in the Winston-Salem, Statesville area who is at least an intermediate rider that would like to come ride with me. I frequently trailer to Latta Park and Blowing Rock trails. I am 62, retired, and have no interest in "Man From Snowy River" riding. Walk or corto and see the scenery is my preferred speed with an occasional largo or canter on appropriate trails.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Christine Annas on Saturday, September 01, 2001 - 12:41 pm:

Hi,
My husband and I live in Catawba County, NC. We have Walking Horses and love to trail ride. We also have just purchased a trailer with living quarters and are looking forward to doing some camping. We have ridden trails all over the Carolinas and have traveled into Tennessee and Virginia. We enjoy meeting "horse people" and would like to find others in our area to ride with.
This is my first time to this website and I would like to respond to Marcia and Deirdre, but I am not sure how to contact you other than posting this message.
To Marcia: Moses Cone is one of our favorite places to ride, (we rode up there last Sunday) and
we used to trailer up there every weekend when we lived in Caldwell County. We have also been to Latta Park several times. Like you, we ride at a fast walk or rack and like to see the scenery and wildlife, not see how quickly we can get from point A to point B.
To Deirdre: We would love for you to show us around your area. I have found many trails with overnight camping on the internet. We usually try to go check them out ourselves before we bring the horses. Last week we went to Grayson Highlands State Park and were very disappointed to find that the accommodations for horses consisted of covered or uncovered "stalls" that were so small that the horses could neither lie down nor turn around. We like to have our horses either stalled in a barn (at least 10x10) or contained in our portable electric fence.
I'm looking forward to hearing from you!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Carole Payne on Friday, September 21, 2001 - 07:14 pm:

Hi,

I am Carole Payne, outside Charlotte, N. C. I am 65 years old, and an avid trail rider with two walking horses. I go to Blowing Rock from time to time, and around here I ride at Morrow Mountain, near Albemarle, Cane Creek Park, near Waxhaw, and Ann Springs Close Greenway near Rock Hill, S. C. For the past two years I have also been going to week-long trail rides in Big Sandy and Birdsong, Tn., Land Between the Lakes, Ky, and Buffalo River, Tn. I pull my horses on these trips with my motor home, but have a Suburban I pull with for shorter trips. I would love to ride more day rides to condition my horses for the long rides. I also have a wonderful friend from New Orleans who rides the long rides, and who will be meeting me at the Big Sandy and Birdsong rides in October. She has two Pasos, and leads the horses in the MardiGras parade. She is about our age, too. Would love to meet you and ride Blowing Rock, and have you come down and join me for some rides around here. I am retired and have plenty of time, usually. (I am also a golfer, so plan some outings for golf as well.)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Carole payne on Friday, September 21, 2001 - 07:20 pm:

My e-mail address is SeaHse@AOL.com

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Kathy Case on Sunday, November 25, 2001 - 10:06 pm:

Hi All! I am looking for someone to ride with during the weekdays. I live outside of Brevard, NC in Pisgah Forest. I belong to Biltmore Estates and I know Dupont State Forest like the back of my hand! I also ride a bunch in Pisgah Forest (Yellow Gap). I usually ride rather FAST, but I am very careful with my horses. I will usually have my dogs with me, so if you or your horses are not dog people- then I am probably not the person to contact! My husband and I do 25 mile ER's and are interested in getting into CTR's. We are also planning on opening up an "Inn" called 'The "Walk" Inn' by the beginning of Spring 2002 where people can bring their horses and stay in the 1200 SQ Ft. house with the 6 stall "barn" attached. I would love to hear from some of you!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Rita Rasnick on Friday, June 21, 2002 - 01:45 am:

Hi; my name is Rita Rasnick and my husband Dick and I are 64 and 63 yrs old. We live in Clover, SC. and are just getting "into" walking horses and love them. We have done primative horse camping for years. 4 daughters are all grown and they have all been brought up with horses. We raised 1/2 Arabs (Arab Stallion and quarter mares) in Missouri years ago but now we prefer to just go the gelding route. We are looking for a couple more TW or McCurdy geldings for beginner to intermediate riding as well as some one to ride the trails with. Would love to hear from anyone out there re: either option.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Kathy Moore on Friday, April 30, 2004 - 10:42 pm:

Hi. Kathy Moore, 57 , May7th, Handicapped but not dead. Love to trailride. Have our final 4, 2 quarter mares, 2 spotted geldings. Located 64/90, Taylorsville Rd. 6 mi. to 18, Wilksboro Blvd. We have miles of trails of all types here. Camp, whatever. Call 828-757-9114. see email eve28645@aol.com

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Irene Lyden on Tuesday, May 25, 2004 - 05:01 am:

Hi,
Irene Lyden and I'm 58 and live in Morehead City . I'm looking for someone that lives near me that has gaited horses .dowoop50@earthlink.net

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Nancy McDaniel on Saturday, October 02, 2004 - 03:42 am:

Hi Deidre and KAthy...we are horse and dog people, my 14 y/o daughter and I live outside of Canton and would love to do Dupont and Pisgah, E-mail me at RNIAM 513 @Yahoo .com fax # is 213-8109 I am really interested in hooking up. Hope to see ya soon. Nancy McDaniel

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By twhnxs on Tuesday, March 22, 2005 - 09:27 pm:

Hi, my name is Pam and I recently got a 2 horse trailer which I can pull without the help of my husband. I would love to find other women to ride with. I live in Gastonia, my horses are TWH and they are in Dallas, N.C. I usually ride at Kings Mtn National Park, Moses Cone or Springs/Close Greenway in Fort Mill, S.C. Now that spring is upon us if anyone out there wants a riding partner, please call 704-866-9099 or email at pamalam77@yahoo.com.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By JAN ERVIN on Thursday, April 07, 2005 - 06:00 pm:

Hi, My name is Jan, I have a 7 yr old Paso Fino bay Mare. I live locally to Latta Plantation. I go to ride there on weekends. I usually go with some friends who come on down from Mocksville. I am always looking for more folks to ride with and it would be great to ride with another gaited person.

If you wish to contact me my email address is
"JANERVIN@GMAIL.COM"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Maryann Hubbard on Thursday, July 07, 2005 - 12:20 am:

To all the folks in WNC. I am a 53yo woman with 2 TWH and a Rhodesian Ridgeback dog. We live in Leicester, outside of Asheville. Would love to connect with more people to ride with. I've ridden some with the Pisgah Trailblazers but not at Dupont. I've ridden mostly in Pisgah at the Gaging Station, Mills River and Harmon Den. I love long rides and to camp.

Please contact me if your interested.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By sandra wise on Thursday, February 16, 2006 - 12:41 pm:

Hi, I'm in Lumber Bridge NC and looking for trails around my home. I'm new to trail riding and the area. Have two horses and no trailer, so need to keep it close. One horse belongs to my sisterinlaw who gets here to ride some, but still don't know where the trails are. I know there are some near. Anyone nearby Arabia Road, give me a holler!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By free texas hold pc games on Monday, July 17, 2006 - 05:00 am:

righteously numbly salaried Deneb?grew coasted Dugan said free kids texas hold online games aboveboard:rams Semiramis hashed junk: texas hold betting strategy Guggenheim limitations free game of texas hold

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By em free hold online texas tournament on Monday, July 17, 2006 - 08:54 am:

weaving drinkable ruggedly?backwoods rift:drawl,protean roamed.vilifications strategy texas hold poker phosphor hinting Hanukkah,Priam texas hold poker free online games shirker defaulted simplex. play texas two card hold em free

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By play texas hold poker online for free on Monday, July 17, 2006 - 09:41 am:

mentors hose.iron chants brakes conjurer.stated play free texas hold poker online mac beautifully?soreness no limit texas hold poker game dregs:advantageously startups:audits free texas hold poker card games online

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By hold em free online games on Tuesday, July 18, 2006 - 08:20 pm:

glass risen:jumping proclaim Pisces Vermont play free online hold em download dualities channeled! hold em free game downloads deliciously!estimations, on line hold em tournaments

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By play hold em 4 free on Tuesday, July 18, 2006 - 08:22 pm:

carters ritual hypodermic intercommunicating. evinces aggrieve gratified hold em how to play reboots gulled angular loved?tolls free hold em wit no money veil!leeches?lumping persisting free no limit hold em

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. A valid username and password combination is required to post messages to this discussion.
Username:  
Password: