Colorado

Gaited Horses Message Board: Find A Trail Riding Buddy : USA: Central: Colorado
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By qtpilmw on Tuesday, May 22, 2001 - 02:01 pm:

I am looking for a trail riding buddy (preferably with a gaited horse) to do occasional rides with. I am in the Colorado Springs area and I have a TWH. I am a female, 32 years old, easy going, not too agressive rider. My horse needs tons of trail experience and does well when he is with a calm, mellow horse. You may email me privately at qtpilmw@msn.com

Thanks!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Penny Ford on Sunday, May 27, 2001 - 08:38 pm:

I am looking for a couple of very calm trail riders in Parker who wouldn't mind many slow miles with a new rider and experienced Missouri foxtrotter. My goal is to begin some trail riding with Tux, who is 11 and is a little spooky but basically fine on the trail, about the middle of July. I gather he is used to MOVING with a fast crowd, but I am not able to keep up with that pace at this time. I feel it would be best to join folks who are moving slowly... or to ask them to join me. We do have some pretty mundane trails surrounding our boarding stable on East Parker Road.
Please write if you also would like to do some slow trail time before heading out with a more rambunctious group of riders.
Penny Ford
Denver

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By maxine on Tuesday, May 29, 2001 - 09:31 am:

Avid trail rider, TWH, always looking to share rides and trail info. Experienced, enjoy diversity. 47 yo, RN, Fe. Brighton, CO Maxine, mshedd@earthlink.net

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By sherry robinson on Tuesday, January 15, 2002 - 03:25 am:

Hello from Oklahoma

My Dad and Uncle built a 3 story 5 bedroom house in the San Juan Mountains by Jasper (near Platora, CO). We have hauled our horses from Okla. and stayed at my Dads (built a little corral for us) and hauled to trails in the area. I have told him to rent out his cabin to trail riders for the week. He has it up for sale but it is a little pricey and no bites yet. If any trail riders out there are interested in renting, I can tell him. He hasn't thought of a price and if you get 10 people together, he wouldn't charge much. There is a trail that goes over the mountain he has his cabin on, takes 9 hrs if you mosey. Then we haul to Platora and ride the Continental Divide. There is an outfitter there that will rent out to pack you in. Email me privately: DrmWlkrFrm@aol.com

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By louanne gumke on Wednesday, March 20, 2002 - 01:44 am:

I AM IN FRANKTOWN AND WOULD LIKE TO RIDE W/SOMEONE CLOSE BY AS I HAVE NO TRAILER AT THIS TIME. ALSO I WOULD LIKE TO GO TO A CLINTON ANDERSON CLINIC NEXT YEAR W/ SOMEONE AND SHARE EXPENSES, THE 2003 CLINIC POSTINGS WILL BE OUT THIS COMING NOVEMBER. LOUANNE

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Arabianly on Monday, April 12, 2004 - 06:27 pm:

I have a little KMSH am located in Minnesota, 40 miles south of the Minneapolis area. We are very new to gaited horses, just wondering if someone around here would like to ride together once in awhile. She is small, around 13h high. She's really a pure Rocky, but does not meet the height requirement. But you don't ride the papers!! Conformation wise, she's absoloutly perfect, could go anywhere, she is good for my 6 year-old and me. I also have a straight Egyptian Arab gelding, also a very nice horse. Let me know if there is anyone around Northfield, Nerstrand, Faribault area.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Jennifer Marino on Monday, July 05, 2004 - 03:26 pm:

Hi, I am interested in getting a black and white spotted saddle horse. We have a horse property in town and will be riding in Palmer Park. I can board one more in exchange for training and lessons. I have never owned a horse before but have had the dream of owning one since I was a young girl. I am 42 years old and married. Let me know if you are interested in boarding a horse on our property in exchange for training and knowledge on how to care for a horse.

jennifer.marino@wesellmore.net

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Sher Olson on Friday, March 11, 2005 - 03:57 am:

Hello! I have a TWH, located in Aurora CO, am an avid trail rider seeking others to ride with! I know of *many* trails along the front range. Can sometimes trailer a horse needing a ride. I also enjoy camp'n'ride trips, am learning to pack. Sher O.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Lisa Bialy on Friday, August 05, 2005 - 02:41 am:

Hey there! I am a proud owner of three TWH! I live in Elizabeth, CO, and am always looking for more gaited horse fans to trail ride with. I'm still pretty new to the area, but have already joined the Tennesee Walking Horse Club of Colorado, and done some good trail rides in the local area (Winter Park, Cherry Creek, Greenland Ranch, and some local spots).

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. A valid username and password combination is required to post messages to this discussion.
Username:  
Password: