Texas

Gaited Horses Message Board: Find A Trail Riding Buddy : USA: Southern: Texas
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Betty Espiau on Friday, May 25, 2001 - 09:20 pm:

Hi, I own a gaited horse,(Pasofino) and would like to trail ride several times a week, with other people who have gaited horses. I live just west of Tyler, Tx. which is in the N.E. part of Texas. I also have room to ride on my own property. Contact this site, and lets talk.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Rita on Sunday, May 27, 2001 - 09:20 pm:

Hi,
I own a foxtrotter/app cross mare, and I also would like to ride several times a week. I live 30 miles north of Dallas. Betty, I'd love to check out some riding spots closer to you, and I have a truck and trailer. I know of some good spots close to me, Cooper Lake for one.
Rita

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Beverley on Monday, May 28, 2001 - 12:24 am:

I currently live in Greenville but hope to move to Athens in the near future. I have a MFT mare and a TWH gelding that I trail ride. I ride a lot at Cooper Lake State Park and can trailer to other locations when there is a "buddy" to ride with. I can sometimes get away to ride during the week as I work from home, but more likely I reserve the majority of my riding time for the weekends.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Betty Espiau on Monday, May 28, 2001 - 02:07 am:

Hi Rita, & Beverley How do we get in touch with one another without giving the whole wold our e-mail & phone #? I'm new to this site...please clue me in. You can BOTH come here at any time. I do have 60 acres of beautiful wooded trails, plus we can ride on our neighbors 550 acre ranch.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Beverly (Admin) on Monday, May 28, 2001 - 02:32 am:

Hi Betty,

This is Beverly, from the Gaited Horses site (AND Stormy's First mom). Both Beverley and Rita's names are email addresses, just click on them and reply to them privately to set up times or exchange phone numbers.

;-)

BJ

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Sotired2nite on Monday, May 28, 2001 - 05:08 pm:

Hey all! I was given my pregnant TWH mare as a Christmas present. She is my first horse, although I have ridden since childhood. I board her with a friend who has a breeding farm, and use their trailer when I transport. I wish to continue trail riding, but have limited space locally. I live in FLower Mound (Denton County, north of Dallas, and have just "retired" so I can "play". I am just learning about places to ride and trail etiquette, etc. My mare was from a farm near Athens, Quail Hollow. I am hoping to work on Search and Rescue skills with her as well, so will be happy to ride in all weather/situations. I am excited about this opportunity to meet other riders with similar interests!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By longswale on Friday, June 08, 2001 - 06:45 pm:

Looking for responsible rider with reliable horse to help me introduce 4 year old TWH gelding to trails. Would like to got to McGown Park at Lake Whitney or somewhere else not rocky to start. I live near Grandview, TX. Half day rides are all we can handle at this time.
Thanks.
Pam

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Betty Espiau on Tuesday, June 12, 2001 - 11:11 pm:

Helloooooooo; are there ANY gaited trail riders a little west of and near to the city of Tyler Texas? If so, please e-mail me! I have a wonderful horse to ride and can trailer! Or...you can come over here, where there are 560 acres to ride on! Let's get together & trail ride. Betty

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By kelly on Wednesday, June 20, 2001 - 04:48 pm:

Hi, I have a spotted saddle horse and live in the Bandera/San Antonio/Hill Country area. I'm a novice and would love to find someone to go trail riding with. I also have a truck and trailer. Just 15 miles from me is the 5,500 acre state natural park... great for riding! I also have a TWH mare that I hope to get out on the trails soon.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Suzanne on Saturday, October 27, 2001 - 01:32 pm:

I love our gaited horses! I live near Boerne (San Antonio area) and would like to ride with gaited horses anywhere within 100 miles/2 hr. haul. I own a wonderful sensible (mostly) Missouri Foxtrotter gelding and mare, and enjoy riding on local ranches and parks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Alice on Friday, December 07, 2001 - 03:26 pm:

I would like to trail ride and meet new friends. I have a newly acquired MFT mare. I have ridden quarter horses for many years, but am just learning about gaited horses. I live in Sulphur Springs TX, thatís about 30 miles from Greenville and 60 from Tyler.
Alice tx131313@neto.com

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By ayovich on Friday, December 21, 2001 - 06:32 pm:

Hi, I live in Arlington and board my horses in Mansfield. I live really close to Joe Pool lake, but they are closed a lot of the time due to the trails being wet. I am wanting to find other people to trail ride with and just ride with. Where I board I don't have anyone to ride with as they are more interested in Barrel racing or dressage. I do a little dressage, but I love to trail ride. Plus, I'm new in the area, I just moved in August, and would like to make some new friends.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By longswale on Sunday, January 06, 2002 - 05:32 pm:

Looking for responsible rider with reliable horse to introduce 4 1/2 yera old TWH to wooded trails.
I live in johnson county, texas, southwest of Dallas. I am about 30 minutes from McCown Park (Lake Whitney).
Thanks ahead, Pam

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Shirley Weigelt on Friday, February 22, 2002 - 03:15 pm:

Hello to all! Hope you all are having lots of fun riding. I recently had to put my 7yo Paso Fino gelding down due to kidney failure. Had only had him a year but we had some good times on the trail and really loved him. Am looking for another gaited horse for trail riding. Do not require registered animal, just good natured, lovable animal. If you have one or know of one, please email me. I live in the Houston, TX, area but will travel. Thanks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Betty Espiau on Friday, June 28, 2002 - 12:12 am:

Hello...I've met a number of you throught this board. That is great! As the people who know, who have been here, this is a very nice place to ride. Althought it is hot & humid now, that won't last forever. Stormy ( my Pasofino gelding) & I go out frequently on our beautiful wooded trails. I invite all of you to come over, bring your horse, and have a wonderful trail ride with us! Betty & Stormy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Britany Holt on Wednesday, February 19, 2003 - 07:56 pm:

HI my name is Britany and me and my mom like to go trail riding, but she can't always go. My husband likes to go some, but he is not the horsey type! I own TWH. I do show some and will actually be going to a show in March. Excited!
I do work full-time, so I am limited to weekend riding, but when summer hits, I will be out until dark everynight. My husband likes winter, because I have to come in earlier. I am 24 and would love to meet new people who had the same interests...RIDING!!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Britany Holt on Wednesday, February 19, 2003 - 07:57 pm:

By the way, I live close to Dallas, actually east of Dallas.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Stephanie Longinotti on Tuesday, May 13, 2003 - 11:59 pm:

Britany~ I also live east of Dallas in Rockwall. I have a Paso Fino, and am always looking for new friends. My husband isn't the "horsey" type either, LOL. Do you live near Rockwall?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Stephanie Longinotti on Wednesday, May 14, 2003 - 12:06 am:

Shirley W. So sorry to hear about your Paso gelding. I have a wonderful friend who is a Paso Fino gelding,and he is my "heart", so I know how you must have felt. I am trying to sell a gorgeous Paso gelding for my friend. She doesn't have the time to ride him or give him the attention he deserves. He is a beautiful chestnut with a mane and forelock that is extremely long and full. Antillano is his name, and he is a sweet boy with a great dispositon. He would be a dream on the trails. This horse is 13 years old, and is very well built. I am located in Rockwall, TX, which is about 20 min. east of Dallas. You may leave me a message here, if you are interested in finding out more about this special gelding, and I will send you his picture an details, or you can e-mail me at pasonotti@earthlink.net

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Melissa Parker on Wednesday, June 04, 2003 - 02:03 am:

Hello everyone. I live in Conroe, North of Houston. I have a wonderfull Paso Fino gelding and ride every chance I get. I work full time so weekends ARE every chance I get to go very far from home. My husband rides a 4 yr old Paso mare.
He has made some wonderfull friends to trail ride with but they are all men and none of the wives have any interest in horses at all. I would love to meet some other ladies that love to ride and are not afraid to get on out there! We have acres and acres of National Forrest close to home. Please e-mail me.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Michelle Ellis on Tuesday, July 22, 2003 - 01:57 pm:

"Newby" looking for gaited horse riding buddy to ride with during the week. I live in Collin County (north of Dallas). Have ridden for years and just bought my first horse in March 2003. My mare is a 6 y.o. Rocky Mountain Horse that is Chocolate w/ white mane & tail. I pull my own trailer & am very anxious to ride, but know that it isn't safe to ride alone.... PLEASE CONTACT ME IF INTERESTED :O)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Michelle Ellis on Tuesday, July 22, 2003 - 02:30 pm:

Addition to July 22nd message - you can email me at justmeriding@horsemail.com

Thanks!
Michelle

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Carol Weed on Wednesday, September 10, 2003 - 10:00 am:

Hey all, love riding, and new to the Texas riding area. Live outside of Longview. I own several different types of horses and just love to ride. Not interested in riding with heavy drinkers, so would like to find folks who are just fun loving.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By AmyMcCarter on Thursday, October 30, 2003 - 12:27 am:

Hello All, I have just purchased my first horse and she is a beautiful Gaited Buckskin Mountain Horse. I would love to go riding with other gaited horse owners. I live in Fort Worth and go to Possum Kingdom Lake most weekends. You can contact me at amythelia@aol.com and mention riding buddy in the subject matter so that I will know to read the e-mail. Happy Trails to All.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By suzie see on Friday, November 21, 2003 - 09:43 pm:

Hi: I am new to the Dallas area from Las Vegas, NV. I own a Kentucky Mtn. mare. She is 7 yrs and is turning into an awesome trail horse. I have not moved her here as I have been ubable to locate a boarding facility (I am located in Farmers Branch). Would love to bring her to TX if I could find a place for her and people to ride with. Any input would be most appreciated.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Linda Ramirez on Monday, December 29, 2003 - 10:24 pm:

I've had Gypsy a little over a year,Tennessee Walker/Racking mare. I would like to find someone in Bastrop/Cedar Creek area. I ride quiet often at Mckinney Roughs Park. E-mail me if interested.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By RuthlessVentures on Sunday, January 25, 2004 - 11:31 pm:

We just moved to the Canton,Texas area this fall, and I am looking for horsey friends! I had to leave mine in Texarkana . . . my husband works for the Army, and we go where the government sends us. At present we have two horses: my husband's QH Pete, and my Missouri Foxtrotter/Paso Fino cross, Jetson. Anyone who would like to have a horsey friend in this area, I would love to hear from you. As much as I hate to admit it, I turned (OHMYGOSH!) 50 in December 2003, have type 2 diabetes, and am fighting with my fat (so far, fat has a head start, LOL!) I also have a truly crazy sense of humor! We are in the process of acquiring a small trailer that my little Ford will pull so I can go trail riding on my own (our other trailer is a 3-horse slant-load gooseneck . . . just toooooo much for my little 6-cylinder to handle.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Betty Espiau on Thursday, August 26, 2004 - 07:58 pm:

Hi Everyone...
After October first, I will again be able to ride my horse, Stormy. I recently underwent total right hipreplacement, but,I'm doing great & I'm looking forward to riding again.
I invite all of you to contact me; Stormy & I will be ready to ride after the first week in October! I am located halfway between Tyler & Canton, just south of Interstate 20. Lots of trails, on over 500 acres to ride on!
I will send you exact directions if you contact me. Let's get together, because Stormy & I will definately be riding again this Fall.
Betty

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Deirdre Marr on Monday, September 06, 2004 - 03:50 pm:

Hello,

I have a SSH gelding that I board in Dallas, TX. I would like to find new people to ride with in and around the Dallas area.

Please contact Deirdre.

Thank you!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Betty Espiau on Friday, October 08, 2004 - 02:43 pm:

Hello everyone...I have been on Stormy again, after my second hip-replacement. We are riding again on a regular basis; so contact me & come out & ride with us. Over 500 acres of trails to ride on! We're just east of Dallas, about an hour & a half from the airport. And, if you want to go have lunch after the ride, we can provide a pen for your horse, so that it will be comfortable. Betty

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Joy Prince on Wednesday, July 06, 2005 - 05:38 pm:

Hello- I live in the NE part of SanAntonio-Universal City- would like to find some one to ride with. Where I board my 5 year old Tenn. Walker mareno one rides- have only had her 3 months so, we are still learning each other.Have my own trailor-can travel. Joy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By CHRISTYLEE on Sunday, September 18, 2005 - 06:38 am:

HI EVERYONE. I'M IN EAST TEXAS RIGHT ON THE RIVER THAT BORDERS LA.. I HAVE A MFT GELDING THAT I RIDE ON TRAILS. I HAVE A TRUCK AND TRAILER AND PLENTY OF TIME TO RIDE. I WORK 7 DAYS ON THEN I'M OFF FOR 7 DAYS. WE CAN RIDE AROUND HERE OR MEET UP. I'D REALLY LIKE TO RIDE ALONG THE COAST-LINE..HOPE TO TALK TO YA'LL SOON! CHRISTY

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By hold em online free on Tuesday, July 18, 2006 - 08:49 pm:

parenthesized reinitializing assisting royalist brier codifies hold em pc video game pollute?theology friezes free hold em online games tinkering dramatists basketball trudged Adirondack free hold em instructions

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By play free hold em up on Tuesday, July 18, 2006 - 08:50 pm:

inking:teachers curfew recomputed! litmus Singborg abhor where can i play hold em online for free rages standing sequencer milk hold em download free pended adjusts?implanted. card games free hold em

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By where can i play hold em online for free on Tuesday, July 18, 2006 - 08:51 pm:

Squaresville!councilwoman wardrobe Wiggins smokers.educated singular: free no limit hold em smalltime,Yeats trim, free hold em games online efficiency?gushes Hutchins:Hindu free non downloadable hold em games

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By play hold em for free on Tuesday, July 18, 2006 - 08:52 pm:

flossed Ingersoll?Oshkosh nearer:skeletal compartment! recoverable minces,connoisseur:larger. learn online hold em free shirk diabolic Fairport narcissus seconded play free hold em piker erasable enlargers learn online hold em free

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By em free hold strategy texas on Tuesday, July 18, 2006 - 08:53 pm:

fluttered recipient sabbath aspect staff?orderings free hold em online play shone expertly propel,relocatable,incremented free download hold em odds calculator woofing vetoer play free hold em piker

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By play holdem on Wednesday, July 19, 2006 - 12:13 am:

indelible:Tenneco hero speedometer Hutchins likely, impending configuration deplete free holdem porker play predictive Iraqi bevels,dislocates free holdem poker games in philadelphia Bible?grower proportion cooperations!desks strategy holdem

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. A valid username and password combination is required to post messages to this discussion.
Username:  
Password: