Oregon

Gaited Horses Message Board: Find A Trail Riding Buddy : USA: Western : Oregon
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Carol Lee on Tuesday, May 22, 2001 - 03:18 am:

Any gaited horse riders in the Eugene/Springfield/Roseburg/Corvallis areas....especially Peruvian Pasos or Rocky Mountain. Reply to petsrfun@juno.com

We have a Peruvian group that likes to trail ride/picnic.

I am also looking for info on a saddle that will fit a mutton withered short-backed Rocky Mt.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Dexter Dex Welch on Friday, May 25, 2001 - 03:36 am:

I RIDE SMOOTH GAITED FOXTROTTERS BUT LIKE ALL EASY GAITED HORSES> I LIVE NEAR MCMINNVILLE OREGON>
I have trailer and sleeper VAN. Can and WILL travel.
I have RIDDEN MOST ALL EASYGAITED HORSES. AND HAVE OWNED MOST ALL BREEDS OF THE EASYGAITED EXOTICS. I RODE THE VERY FIRST PERUVIAN THAT SET FOOT IN THIS COUNTRY IN 1939. HE WAS A STALLION.
I ALSO RODE THE FIRST MARE THAT VERN ALBRIGHT RODE UP TO THIS CONTINENT FROM PERU. I RODE, OWNED AND BRED MY FOXTROT STALLION TO THE FIRST MOUNTAIN SADDLE HORSE IN THE NW. SHE WAS A BEAUTIFUL CHOCKLATE COLORED MARE WITH A FABALOUS FLAX MAIN AND TAIL. SHE PRODUCED THE FIRST OFFSPRING FROM THE CROSS IN THE NW.

THE ONE BREED THAT I HAVE NOT OWNED IS THE BRAZILIAN MAGALARGA MARCHADOR. I RESEARCHED THE BREED AND THEIR CHARICTERISTICS AND HAVE CONSIDERABLE AMOUNT OF VIDEO FOOTAGE AND FEEL THAT I PROBABLY WOULD LIKE THEM MAY-BE AS WELL AS THE FOXTROTTERS.

IF THERE ARE ANY TRAIL RIDERS IN TRAVELING DISTANCE OF MY HOME I SURE WOULD LIKE TO TAG ALONG AND SEE WHAT i COULD SEE OF ANY OF THE NW.

HAPPY TRAILS,

DEXTER 'DEX' WELCH

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Nona Runyon on Thursday, June 07, 2001 - 05:35 am:

I live in the Sandy area and have several TWH of various ages. I love to trail ride, but most of my friends have square trotters and I would love to find a gaited trail buddy in my vicinity. I have truck and trailer and extra horses suitable for intermediate level riders.

In Christ,
Nona

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By R Tucker on Saturday, January 05, 2002 - 01:32 am:

I know this is a bit early in the year, but I wanted to get started early (must be a New Year's resolution). I want to try and start a trail/pleasure riding group in the Roseburg area. Anyone is welcome, but I would love to find some other gaited horse riders to ride with in this area! Trips will include riding BLM and private land, Mildred Kanipe Park, attending poker rides, open horse shows (if gaiteds show up en masse we might stand a chance!), parades and anything else fun we can think of to do with our horses! If the group would like, we can even try to bring in some clinicians regarding different topics of interest, of course this would require some fundraising efforts. Mainly, I just want to get together with a fun bunch of people for a nice ride. If you are interested, please contact me at fourhorses44@hotmail.com

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Mary Richardson on Sunday, January 13, 2002 - 04:06 pm:

I live in the McMinnville/Sheridan area and am fairly new to gaited horses having ridden Arabians for nearly 30 years. I own a Peruvian Paso and a Foxtrotter. I ride trails but have also been known to enter parades. I have a small trailer and like to cover new ground rather than the same trail time and again. I am use to riding alone, but would welcome a buddy.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Mary Richardson on Sunday, January 13, 2002 - 04:08 pm:

I live in the McMinnville/Sheridan area and am fairly new to gaited horses having ridden Arabians for nearly 30 years. I own a Peruvian Paso and a Foxtrotter. I ride trails but have also been known to enter parades. I have a small trailer and like to cover new ground rather than the same trail time and again. I am use to riding alone, but would welcome a buddy. If you would care to reply, I can be contacted at mactess@onlinemac.com

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By neighbor of Dexter on Saturday, August 03, 2002 - 04:55 am:

Are you the dexter welch who has the blue bits???Used to live on Clay pit?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By yvonne k on Thursday, January 09, 2003 - 09:19 pm:

Hi Nona!
We live in the Sandy area too, out toward the Bull Run Reservior. We have one MFT mare greenbroke and a couple square trotters. we also have friends who own MFT's here near Wildcat.

Come spring this mare should be ready to go. We do have a trailer too so transportation is not a problem.

E-mail me if you are interested!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Tracey Kasten on Wednesday, May 14, 2003 - 01:27 am:

I live just outside of Portland, OR - across the river, just east of Vancouver, WA in the Camas area. We have Peruvian Paso horses and are interested in trail riding, endurance, CTRs, etc. My horse would benefit from having a non-Arabian riding partner, as we are still learning what "WALK!" means when we're out on the trail, and last time I checked, many Arabs don't seem to acknowledge that as a valid gait! ;-)

I'd love to hear from other gaited horse aficionados who would be interested in regular riding outings.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Tracey Kasten on Thursday, October 09, 2003 - 08:59 pm:

Interested in participating in Endurance/CTRs with your gaited horse? I have put together a group on Yahoo that caters towards endurance/CTR riders and their gaited horses who live in the Pacific NW. Join us for information on conditioning rides, trail information, upcoming ride information, etc.!

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NWGaitedEndurance/

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Jolie Bozian on Tuesday, October 21, 2003 - 03:21 am:

I live in Damascus near Mt Hood and would love to find a Peruvian Paso riding partner. I have two Peruvians, a two horse trailer and truck and could travel up to 3 days or just do a one day Sunday or rotating weekdays.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Linda Case on Friday, November 26, 2004 - 06:44 pm:

I have recently moved to Elmira, just west of Eugene, Oregon. I would love to find other gaited horse people to ride with. I have just retired and am free to ride almost anytime.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By free roll hold em games on Tuesday, July 18, 2006 - 09:13 pm:

underpinnings seaward bravely Rowena scold encryptions tautness Goddard widening play free online hold em download great testifies tax comparisons: em free hold software texas plumb Welmers: hold em tournament strategy

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. A valid username and password combination is required to post messages to this discussion.
Username:  
Password: